Settling Permanently in the UK
Most people, whose ultimate goal is to secure both their own and their family’s future in the UK, work towards fulfilling all the necessary requirements so that they apply for and are granted a visa. For that reason, they do everything possible to obtain the Indefinite Leave to Remain, which is the last step in their UK visa journey, before they can apply for British citizenship.
Unfortunately, the UK immigration policies and rules are subjected to constant changes. We understand that this makes understanding whether you are eligible to apply for settlement or not quite challenging and certainly confusing.
In general, one can apply for either the Indefinite Leave to Remain or Permanent Residence (in the case of EEA nationals and their family members) if they are:
- EEA (European Economic Area) or Swiss nationals
- Family members (EEA or Swiss only) or an EEA or Swiss national that lives in the UK.
- Non-EEA (or non-Swiss) national family members of EEA nationals (or Swiss nationals) that live in the UK.
- Family members and partners of an individual that is settled in the UK.
- Individuals that have been victims of domestic violence.
- Representatives of an overseas business.
- Points-Based Migrants in categories that lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain, meaning skilled workers, investors, and entrepreneurs.
Once you are granted an Indefinite Leave to Remain visa, you no longer need to apply for further visas or extensions. However, you will usually need to pass the Life in the UK test, and also be able to demonstrate competence in the English language.
For a stress-free application process and assistance in understanding whether you are eligible to apply for either Indefinite Leave to Remain or Permanent Residence in accordance with the current Immigration Rules or the current European Regulations, please contact our expert immigration team who will be more than happy to assist. Our immigration solicitors in London have a rich background handling cases like yours so rest assured you are in the safest hands possible.
Contact us – We are here to help you
|If you would like to know more about our services for immigration clients please contact our specialist Hateem Ali either by phone 020 7822 2222 or email email@example.com.|
or complete the contact form below